Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hi and welcome to our family travel blog.


Jasmine, Abdullah and Ayana

We live in Lucknow, India and this will be our first trip home to New Zealand.

My name is Jasmine, I am a New Zealander and had moved to India to be with my Indian Husband. (This is actually stated in my visa form “Aliens who wish to stay in India”) and have been here for over 5 years now…Alien, umm okay ;)

My husband Abdullah (an Indian citizen) has never left the country. That’s where the good old Internet chat and a bit of luck had brought us together. By profession he is a Computer engineer and through his family, a Farmer. He is disabled from a childhood accident which, damaged his spinal cord and therefore, has limited control over his legs.

Together we have a daughter Ayana (an Indian citizen), who is a toddler. She is bilingual (English and Hindi) and is craaaazzzzzy as ever.

And also together we are entrepreneurs in the field of education. We began and head OUTSHINE an institute for Personality Enhancement. In other words, create and improve life skills to get ahead in the game of life.

Both my lovelies have not meet my family in person. Beside the time I had came to India previously with my mum to meet the Ghauri Family. After life changing events and managing to collect the moola, now we finally have the opportunity to go home.

Here are a few reasons why I’m here:
  • Memories for our girl.
  • I had a class trip to Japan (over 10 years ago). I only took photos and could only remember my experiences vaguely…damn
  • My family, friends and who ever reading can get the latest up-tos and knowhows.
  • They may relate to different aspects such as,
    • travelling with a young family, disability, toddlers, Muslims, trip procedures, intercultural exchange, expat returning home after a few years etc….
  • Brush up on my writing skills.
  • and it’s a fun hobby.

Have you been there done that? Any advise would be much appreciated!!!

JAG - Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment